Re: Helen Koike: Declaration of intent

On Fri, Aug 03, 2018 at 12:03:53PM +0800, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
> I think some confusion may have arisen from Helen's application to dm
> first and then soon after to dd_nu as well.

That was surely one point, especially one (dm) that in my view didn't
make any sanse (especially after you wrote she has sufficient
sponsorship potential in her teams).

> Not all contributions to
> Debian are easily seen or involve uploading to the archive, but I am still
> keen to recognise them.

Of course, that's the goal of dd_nu!  I was somewhat taken aback first
by the weirdness of the double application, and also because both the
declaration of intent and the advocacies could have used with a lot of
more details on what she has done, they are all about how generally
good Helen is and her potential…
Given indeed that is hard to track the work some dd_nu people do
(because our tooling pretty much sucks for non-packaging work), more
details than a dd_u (for whom looking up their packages is easy) are
needed.

> dd_nu allows recognition of work in Debian, voting rights and some official
> standing; whilst dm means we delegate deciding someone's readiness to
> upload limited packages to the archive to those people who work with them
> more closely.

A detail that may not be known to everybody: since what I believe is
less than a year, dd_nu people could be granted DM rights like DMs (as
somebody can't be dd_nu and dm at the same time).

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :