Re: Iñaki Martin Malerba: Declaration of intent

On Mon, Apr 02, 2018 at 11:58:26PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Inaki Malerba dijo [Mon, Apr 02, 2018 at 06:52:13PM -0300]:
> > Hi Gunnar,
> >
> > Thanks for your reply !
> > After sending the _DD, uploading_ apply I realized the best way to start
> > would be via DM first, so I applied there too. Should I cancel this form
> > or just leave it there?
>
> Yes, there were two very similar messages - And _both_ said DD
> uploading! :-]

Mh, no, process 468¹ is for DD_u, 469² is for DM as far as I can see.
¹ https://nm.debian.org/process/468
² https://nm.debian.org/process/469

> Anyway, a FrontDesk member can answer to this better. Can the
> application be changed from DD to DM?

We could, moving around things, but it's better if the applicant would
just close and open a new one.  Indeed could you, Inaki, please close
the DD one?

Then, _personally_ speaking: I see that *in Debian* you have very few
contributions: you are listed as uploader of only one package, and this
happened less than a month ago, and anyway you did very few changes to
that package.
Ok that you want to do things, I but I personally believe nobody should
be granted DM rights because they want to do things, more like because
they need them to actually do things and the sponsorship process doesn't
make any sense for them anymore.  I would recommend you reconsider and
wait some time, in the meantime you should see about contributing more
(for DMship there is no need of broad contributions, but surely not even
a single upload with your name in Changed-by is too little....)

Just my 2¢.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo