Re: Georg Faerber: Declaration of intent

On Sat 2017-12-16 07:17:14 +0000, Georg Faerber wrote:
> I would like to apply to change my status in Debian to Debian
> Maintainer.

This is fantastic news.

> I was quite sad to see schleuder, a gpg-enabled mailing list manager,
> being removed from Debian in 2014, and started to maintain it and some
> related packages in 2016.

I've worked with Georg, primarily around schleuder, both on the debian
packaging for that project, and in his capacity as part of upstream.

I've also been involved with discussions with Georg about Wireguard, and
seen him engage with the broader community of people working on,
deploying, and experimenting with that encrypted networking protocol.

In all of those interactions, Georg has been friendly, constructive,
responsive, helpful, knowledgable, thoughtful, and detail-oriented.  He
clearly understands the importance of getting the small things right
while still pushing in the right direction for the big picture.

> By now I think I've learned quite some bits and pieces since starting
> with package maintaining and would like to upload these packages on my
> own.

Please accept this request.  Georg has the technical and social capacity
needed to use these requested privileges responsibly, and Debian will be
better for getting Georg more actively involved.

All the best,

    --dkg