Re: Tom Marble: Declaration of intent

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 05:57:14PM +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 15:17:21 +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 02:54:51PM -0000, Tom Marble wrote:
> >
> > > I am thrilled to become a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your
> > > attention.
> >
> > I'm thrilled too, happily waiting for the day you'll become a DD
> > too!  IMO you are ready for this too, _now_.
>
> Ack, IMO directly applying for DD would make more sense in your case
> than taking the intermediate DM step.

If someone is already maintaining packages then going through the DM
step and then immediately starting the DD process can make sense as it
allows for package uploading by the applicant while the rest of the
process takes place.

(I note that no one has actually bothered to advocate Tom via the web
interface yet.)

J.

--
Reality is for people with no grasp of fantasy.