Re: Michael Shuler: Declaration of intent

On 11/04/2016 01:24 PM, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Michael Shuler dijo [Fri, Nov 04, 2016 at 04:07:39AM -0000]:
>> I would like to apply to change my status in Debian to Debian Developer, uploading.
>>
>> I have been a contributor to Debian for quite a few years and this is long overdue :)
>
> I want to comment the same as Holger — I took for granted you were a
> DD already. Great thing you are taking this step, I trust the process
> will be quick and easy for you!
>
> I'm only replying to this message because you sent *two* different
> request (I'm including both in my reply), one to become a DM and one
> to become a DD-Uploading. Which one are you applying to?
>
> And, as Holger commented, I'm not formally endorsing your application,
> as I haven't directly worked with you... But from you being so long
> close to the project, and with the packages you maintain... I guess
> you should be aiming to DD.

I started the "DD, uploading" process first, then noticed the "you
should be DM for 6 months" note on one of the pages. OK, I'll start the
DM process, too!

It appears that the DM process could be completed in fewer steps. That
could allow someone to `dcut dm -uid mshuler --allow ifmetric`, for
instance, which is currently waiting on a sponsor from either the
previous uploader or someone on d-mentors (requested, but haven't heard
back yet). In the mean time, I can work through the next DD stage once
an AM has been assigned.

I've been contributing longer than the DM process has existed, so
personally, I don't have a strong feeling either way: do DM first, or go
on with DD, uploading.

I appreciate the reply, Gunnar. If you or anyone else has advice on
going ahead and doing both processes in parallel or dropping one, I'll
take it. :)

--
Warm regards,
Michael