Aw: Re: Re: Unit 193: Declaration of intent

NSA doesn't use 0day I heard, only the kiddies got that as homepage ;-)

and they're below legal hire age...

now I should probably secure my systems.... ah

who got security updates on these days... if you can save an upgrade or two, you save yourself time

well nicknames could work too...
i admit i may have been quick with saying it can't work... and i did allow for other possibilities in the end
not sure if it is just a fake request or real... dont know the guy

but it seems much developing is on irc etc., and people do stuff on irc and stuff, with nicknames and stuff
and the person may actually be named unit193 for real, having adopted an irc name and all
in which case it would be impolite to refuse him/her their name

security is an illusion after all
so why do we use it.... i wonder sometimes

i was thinking of only using rs232 on my servers... then i could hunt down people
but nsa would just pick up my servers*

that makes me mad

** assuming i did something wrong, but i never did anything wrong

there is nothing inherently insecure about nicknames
and nicknames are more irc friendly etc.
may get more newcomers into project easier....

i suppose it's easy to beleive in security by obscurity.... that if we have a real name, and people really know the person, that we can trust...

but might still be fake people signing each other's keys for years, at a fake company