Re: Becoming a Debian Maintainer - and behavior of DDs

Hello Richard,

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016, Richard B Winters wrote:
> Again, you are just talking out of your ....  I care not about the
> uploaders field, I've said this to you numerous times (and repeated it
> yet again for you above).  I do not know any other way to make you
> understand that I am not an idiot, I know what you are doing and I can
> see through your BS.
>
> Instead of excuses, why not simply apologize and promise it wont happen
> again, just like you did in IRC after I sent the original email -
> instead of making excuses that contradict your actions?
>
> Again, I wasn't expecting anything of this email chain.  I simply want
> this information shared someplace more permanently than IRC chat.

I'm not sure that having this conversation stored permanently on mailing
list archive is going to help you or Debian in any way.

I understand you feel somewhat betrayed because Ferenc is going
forward quicker than you but that's life in Debian. This is a
meritocracy and a social project. Some learn faster or have more
prior knowledge, some interact in a way that fits better the
existing developers, etc.

Even if you had the technical skills, you just proved that you
are prompt to insult other Debian contributors and that makes
it a no-go for many of us. We had too many problems in the past
by focusing only on the technical aspect and so we are much
more attentive to the ability to work collaboratively in a friendly
way. That doesn't mean that we can't complain and argue, but there are
ways to do it and you haven't found the correct way, yet.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer