Re: Advocacy for Ximin Luo

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 19. März 2015, J\xe9r\xe9my Bobbio via nm wrote:
> I advocate Ximin Luo to become Debian Developer, uploading.
[...]
> I have collaborated on several occasions with Ximin Luo in Debian
> and in the Tor Project. I had advocated for Ximin to get DM status
> before and he has shown good care of his packages.
[..]
> Ximin is knowledgeable in many different programming language,
> learns fast, and knows both about teaching and learning. I would be glad
> to see him become a full member of the Debian project, including upload
> rights.

I was very glad to see that Ximin applied for DD and that Lunar advocated him
so profoundly. Because when I've met Ximin a few times, I have found him to be
very nice and knowledgable and appearantly doing great work in Tor and Debian,
so my "educated gut feeling" is that he'll be a great Debian developer, so
yay!

I just didnt feel like advocating him, as I've only sponsored an upload of him
once and only follow his technical work from a distance, so I somewhat sadly
didnt want to formally advocate him.

And now I'm just happy we'll soon (hopefully!) have another great developer
formally becoming part of Debian! ;-)

cheers,
	Holger

(P.S.: I'm partly writing this mail also to state that it's ok not to advocate
people...even when you assume these people will do great things.)