Aw: Re: DM application of Roland Fehrenbacher

> Gesendet: Samstag, 28. Februar 2015 um 08:41 Uhr
> Von: "Andreas Tille" <andreas@an3as.eu>
> An: debian-newmaint@lists.debian.org
> Cc: "Roland Fehrenbacher" <rf@q-leap.de>, "Olivier Sallou" <olivier.sallou@irisa.fr>, "Steffen Möller" <steffen_moeller@gmx.de>
> Betreff: Re: DM application of Roland Fehrenbacher
>
> On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 17:24:42 +0100, Roland Fehrenbacher wrote:
> > this is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer.
> >
> > I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> > Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
> >
> > Currently, I maintain the package relion and I co‐maintain the package
> > bambamc.
> >
> > My GnuPG key 5B812EC1 is signed by the Debian Developers
> >
> > Steffen Moeller <moeller@debian.org>
> > Olivier Sallou <osallou@debian.org>
> > Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>.
> >
> > I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer.
>
> I'm supporting this application.  Roland is a member of the Debian Med
> team and has successfully packaged some packages in the team.  I learned
> to know Roland at the Debian Med sprint in January this year in St.
> Malo where I signed his key (as he said above).  I'd be very happy if
> Roland would become a DM and I'm supporting his intent fully.

+1

I am very excited about Roland to join us more formally, too. His
professional ties with High-Performance-Computing will be good for us.
We have met with our Debian Med hats on, but I hope (and expect) Roland
to find many more links to the many other Debian-folks with large
computational demands. He creates his own suite of .deb packages for
about a decade and the DM status is a major requirement to have
that effort shifting towards our distribution. Please let him in.

We have met now twice in person, always a very pleasant experience, and
I hope for an opportunity to meet again at DebConf - then as a DM.

Best,

Steffen