Advocacy for Andy Simpkins

Hello,

I advocate Andy Simpkins to become Debian Developer, non-uploading.

The current status of Andy Simpkins is Debian Contributor.

Advocacy text:

Andy has been contributing to Debian and DebConf for the past several years, helping in a number of ways.

As a DebConf video team volunteer multiple years since 2009, I've seen him do everything from running a camera and audio to setting up and maintaining the entire infrastructure. He's been the primary video team member for 2 mini-confs in Cambridge too, and has been an indispensible helper at both. Possibly more importantly, he's been working hard to try and improve the running and planning of the video team for future conferences too.

For our last two stable releases, Andy has been a volunteer for testing CDs and DVDs on release day, and on the Jessie release day was doing far more of that work than I was, while I was debugging minor issues. Again, his planning and co-ordination skills are a major help here and he was guiding many other DD and non-DD volunteer testers to make sure we got good results from widespread efforts.

Andy admits himself that he doesn't yet have the software skills to be uploading DD, but IMHO he seems a perfect example of a long-term dedicated Debian contributor who should be a non-uploadin DD

Steve McIntyre (via nm.debian.org)