Re: Advocacy for Otto Kekäläinen

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 10:32:14AM +0200, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 10:37 PM, Tobias Frost wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, den 16.08.2015, 10:02 +0900 schrieb Charles Plessy:
> >> Le Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 03:51:07PM -0000, Tobias Frost via nm a écrit
> >> :

> >> Hi Tobias,
> >>
> >> if Otto Kekäläinen is an active Debian Maintainer, and if he is
> >> qualified to
> >> become a Debian Developer, why not giving him upload rights ?
> >>
> >> Have a nice day,
> >>

> > Because he has already DM rights on mariadb, the package I sponsored
> > for him :)
>
> IIRC DM status usually gets removed when one gets DD status, so
> advocating him for non-uploading DD will be detrimental to mariadb
> maintainence.

BTW, involved parties are aware since 3 days ago.
From #-newmain on 2015-08-15:

[16:08:29] <tobi> enrico: Pressed the wrong button for Otto Kekäläinen -- can
           you move my advocation from non-uploading to uploading please?
[16:56:21] <enrico> tobi: ok, but please send me a signed mail about it
[17:01:54] <tobi> enrico: will do.

And also the proccess type has already been changed:
https://nm.debian.org/public/person/otto

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

GPG Key: 66AE 2B4A FCCF 3F52 DA18  4D18 4B04 3FCD B944 4540         .''`.
more about me:  http://mapreri.org                                 : :'  :
Launchpad user: https://launchpad.net/~mapreri                     `. `'`
Debian QA page: https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=mattia     `-