Re: DM application of Alex Muntada

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 23:30:23 +0200, Axel Beckert wrote:

> Alex Muntada schrieb am Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 10:07:59PM +0200:
> > As part of the Debian Perl team, I'm going to take charge of the
> > package libdbd-oracle-perl.

[background]

I can only confirm what Axel wrote.

> Alex is an active team member for more than one year now and already a
> well-known and valued contributor on #debian-perl in IRC -- not only
> because he organised most of the Debian Perl Sprint in Barcelona
> earlier this year.

Actually Alex is member of pkg-perl since at least 2008, if my
grep-fu is correct :)
And I already met him quite some years ago (2010? 2011?) at FOSDEM.

In the last 1.5 years, besides his activities as a Perl hacker and
organizer, he also became more active again in Debian and pkg-perl,
and more visible on IRC :), organising, communicating, documenting,
and packaging stuff. We also met a few times in various places which
was always a pleasure.

> He is Uploader of four team-maintained packages, and already
> contributed to the group's git policy and autopkgtest documentation as
> well as to discussions on the debian-perl mailing list..
>
> I haven't sponsored an upload for Alex yet, but given his trace of
> records mentioned above and meeting him in real-life at the Debian
> Perl Team Sprint in Barcelona, I'm convinced that he has the technical
> skills needed to maintain Debian Perl packages and I'm glad he wants
> to (team-internally) take over libdbd-oracle-perl and keep in shape
> (it currently isn't, we already were on the way to RM it).

I have worked with Alex on the packages where he's in Uploaders and
also some others where he has made contributions, and I can confirm
that he has the techical skills to upload selected packages on his
own. - And I'm happy to see that he's getting even more active in
Debian and might end up as a DD in the not-so-distant future :)

> I hence support Alex Muntada's application to become a Debian maintainer.

I also support alexm's DM application.

Cheers,
gregor

 : :' : Debian GNU/Linux user, admin, and developer -  https://www.debian.org/