Re: Who adds when upload privileges for a DM? - Best practice

On 2015-01-03, Andreas Metzler <ametzler@debian.org> wrote:
> I *suspect* that usually this just happens as the natural continuation
> of sponsorship. First a DD would sponsor a specific package and later
> when the sponsor's contribution mainly consists of debsign he/she
> would set upload privileges.

> Is this correct? Are orphaned packages handled differently?

It is pretty much correct yes. And no, orphaned packages shouldn't be
handled differently.

I would never give DM privs to a person I haven't interacted with
before, but with people I know, I would have no troubles with
immediately giving DM privs to a new package I know they would be able
to handle.

/Sune