Re: DM application of Oleg Moskalenko

Hi,

I'm writing to advocate Oleg's application.

Oleg first contacted me in April 2013.  He is the upstream for the
rfc5766-turn-server package, which is widely used in the WebRTC
community.  He discovered I was responsible for two other TURN server
packages in Debian and as each of the packages offers a slightly
different feature set, I agreed to sponsor his package too.

I met Oleg in person when visiting San Francisco in October 2013 and I
have signed his key.

Oleg is an active member of the free software family, he has also been
at one of our Ganglia meetings, for example.

He has been actively uploading his package to the mentors site and
responding to feedback and learning the way Debian works.  Like
myself, his focus is on the upstream work and he has been very
thorough in supporting the package and eradicating upstream bugs as
soon as they are discovered and then ensuring the fixes propagate to
all the distros he supports.

Given his location, I'm hopeful that he will be able to meet more
Debian people at local events or DebConf14 and may consider
progressing to become a DD.

Regards,

Daniel