Re: DM application of Innocent De Marchi

On Sun, Jan 05, 2014 at 10:44:48PM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 06:27:57PM +0100, Innocent De Marchi wrote:
>> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer
>> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
>> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
>> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>> I do translations for Debian: in the last four years I translated the
>> maint-guide to Catalan [2] and Spanish [3]
>
> Yes.  He is easy to work with.

Hello Osamu,

Your message isn't an advocacy.

Please consider sending a more extensive/detailed advocacy message.

At
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer#Advocating_a_Debian_Maintainer
it reads:

 A Debian Developer should only advocate a Debian Maintainer candidate
 if they are familiar with the candidate's existing work in Debian and
 believe it to be of a suitable standard both technically and socially.

 Debian Developers advocating Debian Maintainer candidates (or potential
 Debian Developers for that matter) must go into a bit more detail in
 their advocacy.

 If the Debian Maintainer candidate has done "a great job", please
 explain what "a great job" means -- is there something special the
 candidate has done, or is it that whatever the candidate is working on
 is particularly important, or is the candidate remarkably consistent,
 or what?

 What has the candidate actually done that has earned your trust? What
 makes the candidate special compared to the other folks who are helping
 Debian? What in particular about the candidate's work should people
 lurking on the Debian lists be trying to emulate if they want to be a
 Debian Maintainer or a Debian Developer?

 For example, if the Debian Maintainer candidate has good packaging
 skills, go into a bit more detail about what's convinced you the
 candidate has got those skills? Are there any difficult bugs you've
 worked together on, or new features the candidate has done a good job
 of getting into Debian, or has the candidate been particularly helpful
 supporting users, or...?

Regards,

Aníbal