Re: DM application of Josue Ortega

On Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 09:54:41PM -0600, Josue Ortega wrote:

> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
> Currently, I maintain the packages:
>  - euler
>  - mp3diags
>  - wcalc
>
> and I co‐maintain the packages:
>  - portalocker
>  - pudb
>  - pysvn
>  - python-gnuplot
>
> My GnuPG key AB4AFD3F is signed by the Debian Developers:
>  - Damien Raude-Morvan
>  - Santiago Ruano Rincón
>  - Santiago Vila
>  - Alejandro Garrido Mota
>
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your attention.
>
> ---
> Josue Ortega

I believe that Josue Ortega has the technical skills needed to
maintain Debian packages. I fully support his application to become a
Debian maintainer.

I've know Josue for about 3 Years, and I've being working with him for
about 2 years sponsoring multiple uploads of wcalc for him. He has
good technical skills to maintain his own packages, and has good
relationship with upstream and several of his patches are already
merged on upstream. Also He has collaborated with other Debian
developers, and he works hard to improve the Guatemalan Debian
community.

I think it would be good for Debian to have him as a DM.

--
Josué M. Abarca S.