Report for 'Debian Developer, uploading' applicant Tobias Frost

Hello,

I recommend to accept Tobias Frost as a new Debian Developer, uploading.
The account name is tobi.

 * Applicant background

The first contact with computers was quite early -- the first "family" computer at home was a Atari 520ST. Of course for an 10-years-old this new technology just had to be exciting.
But just playing games like Winter Games etc soon became boring, so I began my first programming steps in plain Basic. Soon the (shared) ST wasn't enough anymore, and I started saved my pocket money for an Amiga 500 (on which I gamed a lot :) but also learned (low-level) programming (assembler -- 'cause I could not afford a decent C-compiler at that time)

Fast-forward several years, after I started my studies of electrical
engineering, I discovered Linux (SuSE 5.2 at that time) and gave it a try on my computer. Again, a little time later, a friend showed me Debian potato. Since then this was my distribution of choice.

Since then I'm trying to contribute to Debian and FLOSS, even if it was only e.g reporting bugs and providing some code / patches, trying to give something back to the community and eventually also starting my own open source project.

In the last years, I tried to intense my contributions to Debian and amongst others I helped fixing several bugs, adopting a few packages and packaging new software. Some time ago, my sponsor approached me if I could imagine to become a DD and thereby encouraged I started to prepare for the application.

My plans are simply to lend Debian a helping hand where needed, maintaining (my) packages and also helping new contributors to bring high-quality work into Debian.

After all, I really enjoy my work on Debian -- computers were always an fascinating and important hobby for me.

Regards,

Thijs Kinkhorst