Re: DM Application of Harlan Lieberman-Berg

On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 21:30:04 -0400, Harlan Lieberman-Berg wrote:

> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer.
>
> I have read the Social Contract, the Debian Free Software Guidelines,
> and the Debian Machine Usage Policies and agree with all of them.

I hereby suppport Harlan's application as DM.

I've been working with him in the Debian Perl Group since Summer
2011:

> Currently, I help maintain the following packages as a member of the
> Debian Perl team:
> - libcache-fastmmap-perl
> - libdata-hexdumper-perl
> - liblingua-identify-perl
> - libmongodb-perl
> - libnet-amazon-perl
> - libstatistics-descriptive-perl
> - libstatistics-linefit-perl
> - libtenjin-perl
> - libtext-ngram-perl
> - libtext-ngrams-perl

Besides those 12 packages, where Harlan is in Uploaders, he also
worked on something like 28 more [0] in the best spirit of team work:
He helped out and prepared packages for new upstream releases where
necessary, discussed open questions or tricky licensing issue with
others, and was always open about proposals for improvements.

I can confirm that Harlan has the necessary technical and social skills
to be responsible for packages.

(PS: In case someone is wondering: While we usually still don't use
the DM concept in pkg-perl, being DM would help Harlan's work on
other packages, which would be a benefit for Debian IMO.)

Cheers,
gregor

[0]
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=H.LiebermanBerg@gmail.com
shows 9, a grep shows 40 packages in total with his name in d/changelog

   `-   NP: Supertramp: Help Me Down That Road