Advocacy for Milan Kupcevic

Hello,

I advocate Milan Kupcevic to become Debian Developer, uploading.
Advocacy text:

I know Milan from his involvement in Debian powerpc, especially d-i development. I have sponsored some of his uploads in this area (yaboot, yaboot-installer) in the past, but not recently because my last powerpc machine was stolen 2 years ago. In my interactions with him he proved to be very knowledgeable about powerpc.

He also attended several DebConfs. I remember meeting him in Banja Luka and Vaumarcus.

>From this personal interactions during DebConf and his interactions on the debian-boot and debian-powerpc mailinglist I think that he would be a great addition to the Debian project.

I don't know why Milan never applied for DM. I would have advocated him for DM even earlier. My best guess is that it was not too hard for him to find sponsors as he knew enough DDs personally from DebConf.

I know that Milan cares a lot about the powerpc architecture and is willing to help as a porter. Powerpc needs dedicated porters and porting work is much easier if you have general upload rights and not only for specific packages. So in my view directly applying as a DD makes sense.

Gaudenz Steinlin (via nm.debian.org)