Re: Debian Maintainer application of Markus Koschany

On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 00:03:57 Markus Koschany wrote:
> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer and
> to help further with the packaging work of the Debian Games Team and
> Debian in general.

I completely support Markus' intention to become Debian Maintainer.

I know Markus as diligent, pedantic and productive maintainer. He is
familiar with Debian policy and procedures well above average DM
level. He demonstrated profound understanding of licensing and did
impressive and deep copyrights/licensing reviews of some complex
software.
Markus is not only technically competent but also a very pleasant
person to work with. He is a fast learner and responsible maintainer.

He is the most active member of games team and perhaps he can be
considered as de-facto team leader.
I know Markus' contribution to freeorion, bullet, brainparty, ufoai and
others. All his work is of high quality.

As DM Markus will be a great asset for Debian. I recommend to accept
him as Debian Maintainer.

Also I'm looking forward to see Markus applying for Debian Developer
soon. :)

--
Cheers,
 Dmitry Smirnov