Re: DM appliaction of Jakob Haufe

On 14/09/13 19:51, Jakob Haufe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer [1].
>
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> Currently, I maintain the following packages:
> - minitube -- Native YouTube client
> - glabels -- label, business card and media cover creation program for GNOME
>
> I intent to maintain the following packages:
> - blogofile -- static website compiler and blog engine
> - blogofile-blog -- blog plugin for blogofile
>
> My GnuPG key F54DAE3D is signed by the Debian Developer Michael Stapelberg
> <stapelberg at debian dot org> (keyid 4AC8EE1D).
>
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your attention.
>
> Regards,
> Jakob
>
> [1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer

Hello.

I've worked with Jakob in relation to his work surrounding minitube software.

During this interactions, I found he was up to the task, in a way that he had a very good understanding of the policy and patching skills, something that was very required at that moment for keeping user experience up.
He was very expedite when receiving feedback, suggestions and recommendations, but what's more important, I could resume this experience as: A very pleasant person to work with. Something that for me is outstanding.

For all this, I firmly recommend Jakob for Debian Maintainer, and hope he becomes one day Debian Developer as well.

Greetings,

Dererk

--
BOFH excuse #237:
Plate voltage too low on demodulator tube