Advocacy for Brett John Parker

Hello,

I advocate Brett John Parker to become uploading DD.
Advocacy text:

I've known Brett for many years, originally meeting him through his active involvement in the Anglian Linux Users Group (ALUG). He is also an active member of the Debian UK community. While I am not a Python developer myself I have witnessed his interactions with various other Python people involved in ALUG and believe he will do a good job of maintaining django within Debian (his stated reason for becoming a DD). He expresses a keen interest in Free software in general and I believe would be a valuable addition to the project.

I should also point out that Brett has actually been an uploaded to Debian in the past, before the days of DMs - he maintained the xmms-scrobbler package (which I was a user of) from 2004 until 2007.

I wholeheartedly recommend Brett become a Debian Developer (and wish he sorted out the process of applying sooner!).

Jonathan McDowell (via nm.debian.org)