Advocacy for Brian Gupta

Hello,

I advocate Brian Gupta to become non-uploading DD.
Advocacy text:

Brian is actively involved in Debian's effort to support our operating system on "the Cloud".

In this project where many contributors are short of time from the very start, and where the individual trajectories are sometimes centrifuge, Brian is one of the persons who provide a global vision that keeps all the pieces together.

It is hard to single out contributions since their facilitating effect, difficult to grasp without having the full context, is as important a the content themselves, but let me just mention a few. He keeps our documentation consistent, for instance when he created the page about the images on the Google Compute Engine, which is not maintained directly by the contributors of the GCE images themselves. He asked key questions to the providers of machine images on various platforms, and these questions are instrumental in figuring out whether these images are Free according to Debian's vision. His participates constructively in discussions on controversial issues (for instance, the one about the use of the word "cloud"), where he reduces the perceived oppositions. In summary, Brian gives momentum to our ambitions for the Cloud.

Altogether with his other contributions not related to "Cloud" computing, I advocate Brian for becoming a Debian Developer.

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan

Charles Plessy (via nm.debian.org)