Re: Advocacy for Jari Aalto

Hi Jari,

we are afraid to have to tell you that we currently agree with Raphael's
assessment here. Your contributions to Debian are widespread, but there seems
to be some attrition between them and the rest of the project.

We prefer not to accept your application for Debian Developer right now, but
reading what your sponsor Tony Mancill said, we do encourage you to get DM
rights, and we would like to encourage you to spend some time to try and blend
in a bit more with the rest of the developers.

Re: Raphael Hertzog 2013-05-22 <20130522081616.GC12636@x230-buxy.home.ouaza.com>
> On Wed, 22 May 2013, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> > * Thomas Goirand <thomas@goirand.fr>, 2013-05-21, 21:52:
> > >I think Jari would be a very valuable asset in Debian, and that he
> > >should be made DD.
> >
> > I very much disagree.
>
> I'm with Jakub. My interactions with Jari have been rather on the bug
> reports front, but he tends to care a lot about issues which are not
> important at all. He doesn't seem to be able to weigh the usefulness of
> his reports towards the time it costs for others to deal with them.
[...]
> All in all, I think he's already at the right place in the spectrum of
> possible ways to contribute to Debian. He does a lot of polishing, trivial
> bug fixing and has probably helped many maintainers to update their
> packaging or to fix RC bugs while they were MIA.

For the Debian Account Managers,
  Christoph
  Enrico
  Joerg