Re: DM application of Matteo F. Vescovi

Hi!

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 09:23:51AM +0200, Matteo F. Vescovi wrote:
> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer [1].
>
> I have read:
>  * Social Contract [2]
>  * Debian Free Software Guidelines [3]
>  * Debian Machine Usage Policy [4]
>
> and I agree with all of them.
>
> Currently, I maintain the following packages:
>  * babl
>  * gegl
>  * glew
>
> [...]

I've been working with Matteo for a few months as a sponsor for his babl
and gegl packages, and I'm happy to advocate his application to become a
DM.

Matteo has worked hard to bring these libraries to our current standards
and has shown his capability to deal with policy/practice changes like
Multiarch, and to work with others, like the release team, coordinating
potentially disrupting uploads, etc.

I'm sure he'll be a great DM, and hopefully a DD in the future.

Jordi
jordi@sindominio.net     jordi@debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/