Re: AM Report for Peter Green

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 17:23:59 +0200, Andrea Veri wrote:

> 2. Background
> -------------
>    Applicant writes:

>    I've submitted many fixes for FTBFS bugs (both existing bugs and
>    newly reported bugs), some were quickly picked up by maintainers but others
>    languished for a long time or were never fixed. I considered preparing NMUs but didn't
>    see much point when I couldn't upload them.
>
>    Unfortunately I don't think there is any easy way to search the BTS
>    for bugs I contributed patches too but the following google search [1] reveals
>    a load of them.

I can also confirm that Peter sent tons of high-quality patches to
the BTS for RC bugs; it was alway a pleasure for me to find one of
them and use it in an NMU :)
And he definitively knows about all kind of patch systems used in
Debian packages.

I also remember the (rarely necessary) communication around these
bugs/patches as very pleasent.

Cheers,
gregor

   `-   NP: B.B. King and Eric Clapton