AM Report for Peter Green

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Peter
   Middle name:     -
   Last name:       Green
   Key fingerprint: 5340 D001 360C A656 E349  7EB7 0C48 EA2A 7A8F FD7B
   Account:         plugwash
   Forward email:   plugwash@p10link.net

   ID check passed, key signed by 3 existing developers:
   1. Hector Oron Martinez
   2. Neil Williams
   3. Steve McIntyre

   Output from keycheck.sh:

   gpg: requesting key 7A8FFD7B from hkp server keys.gnupg.net
   pub   4096R/7A8FFD7B 2012-02-10
         Key fingerprint = 5340 D001 360C A656 E349  7EB7 0C48 EA2A 7A8F FD7B
   uid                  Peter Michael Green <plugwash@p10link.net>
   sig!         28BCB3E3 2012-03-03  Neil Williams (Debian) <codehelp@debian.org>
   sig!         76E2AC7B 2012-03-03  Hector Oron Martinez (zumbi) <hector.oron@gmail.com>
   sig!3        3442684E 2012-03-03  Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com>
   sig!3        7A8FFD7B 2012-02-10  Peter Michael Green <plugwash@p10link.net>
   sub   4096R/F4958D46 2012-02-10
   sig!         7A8FFD7B 2012-02-10  Peter Michael Green <plugwash@p10link.net>

   1 signature not checked due to a missing key
   Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.
   Key has 4096 bits.
   Valid "e" flag, no expiration.
   Valid "s" flag, no expiration.

2. Background
-------------
   Applicant writes:
   I've been toying with linux for many years and now run it as the
   main OS on one of my machines. I don't remember why I first got into it but I
   think it's because I liked the idea of an OS that was free.

   My first linux experiences were with Red Hat and Slackware based
   distros but I never really got to know them. From there I moved on to knoppix
   hdinstalls and then to plain Debian which I have over the years
   learnt more and more about it  and started contributing.

   I think it's mainly because I get a buzz out of fixing bugs. Also I
   have been using beagleboards recently and would like to have a port
   that takes full advantage of them hence why I started contributing to the armhf
   port.

   I've submitted many fixes for FTBFS bugs (both existing bugs and
   newly reported bugs), some were quickly picked up by maintainers but others
   languished for a long time or were never fixed. I considered preparing NMUs but didn't
   see much point when I couldn't upload them.

   Unfortunately I don't think there is any easy way to search the BTS
   for bugs I contributed patches too but the following google search [1] reveals
   a load of them.

   Then when the armhf port hit the official archive I shifted focus
   from general build failures/FTBFS bugs to build failures that were happing on
   armhf (many of them because the package had built some time ago but
   was no longer buildable in current sid).

   Then when armhf finished building most of unstable and was added to
   testing I shifted focus to getting armhf testing into a usable
   state. As I was contributing to armhf I started interacting on irc
   with Steve and Hector who (among others) encouraged me to apply for
   DD status. During this time I prepared three NMUs.

   I'm interested in the continued viability of debian on arm and in
   particular the new armhf port though not being an expert on the architecture my
   contributions are limited to fixing relatively simple to understand
   issues (qreal VS double being a big one)

   I'm interested in keeping freepascal in a usable state within
   Debian and I really want to see armhf released with wheezy and
   including freepascal. For the goal of getting arm released with
   wheezy i'm working on trying to get the uninstallability count down and in
   particular getting certain key packages installable in armhf testing. Mostly
   this means getting bugs fixed in packages that we need to migrate.

   For the goal of getting freepascal available on armhf I'm currently
   working with upstream on porting efforts. I'll backport the work to
   the version in Debian afterI get it working with upstream trunk.

   [1] https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Abugs.debian.org+peter+green

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Peter has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract, DFSG, BTS, etc.
   in a good way. Peter committed to uphold the SC and DFSG in his
   Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
   Peter has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   Peter also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems and
   provided patches for RC bugs. Since he currently doesn't maintain any package,
   he  promptly answered my extra T&S questions in a very good way.

   I recommend to accept Peter Green as a Debian Developer.