Re: DM application of Vincent Hobeïka

Salut Vincent !

2012/2/3 Vincent Hobeïka <vincent.hobeika@gmail.com>:
> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.

That's fantastic news ! Thanks for joining us !

> Currently, I have started helping triaging bugs in fop by contacting upstream
> mailing lists and reported few bugs here and there (virt-manager, serna-free).
> I have reopened an old ITP for vera++ which I am actively working at [1].

Cool. Do not forget to update the owner of the ITP.

> I work every day with debian as a C++ developer and I make a strong usage of
> tools like fop, docbook, emacs, KWStyle, cmake. Hopefully I may be able to use
> vera++ soon too. I may help maintaining packages gravitating around the tools
> I use.

As Anibal explained in another email, I believe you could start by
uploading your work on kwstyle and vera++ on debian-mentors. People
will have a better grasp at your technical skills.

> My 4096 bits long GnuPG key 0x2965A78F is signed by the future Debian
> Developer Mathieu Malaterre (see AM report [2]).
> I will try to meet the other DDs around my location (Lyon, France) and
> hopefully obtain more signatures (and discover great human beings!).

There are quite a few DDs nearby Lyon, so this will be easy.

As said before, please try uploading your current packages on
debian-mentors. It only takes a few steps to register an account and
start uploading. From there is the sponsorship is much easier.

ref: http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

Take care,
--
Mathieu