AM report for Jonathan Nieder

I recommend to accept Jonathan Nieder as a Debian Developer.

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Jonathan
   Middle name:     -
   Last name:       Nieder
   Key fingerprint: 521E58F17E96D712AA0FF102DFC671EEB333FA25
   Account:         jrnieder

2. Background
-------------

   My first introduction to free software was through
   rec.games.roguelike.nethack, where I learned that true understanding
   of the tools I used to pass my time could only come from diving into
   the source.  I learned C in order to understand how Hack worked and
   come up with better ways to rob the shops in the dungeons of doom.  It
   was time well spent.

   Soon afterward I was downloading Debian by dialup overnight and
   writing reports to the BTS that the kernel available for download was
   corrupted by my browser because it had the wrong MIME type.

   A long time passed before I dipped my feet into package maintenance.
   I had a machine with no Internet connection and the easiest way to
   keep the packages I used up to date and in a consistent state was to
   build from source.  Various packages had small problems building, and
   many bug reports and patches ensued.  In the process I met Gerrit Pape
   and started to help with the git package.

--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      jmw@debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51