Advocacy for Brian Thomason

Hello,

I advocate Brian Thomason to become uploading DD.
Advocacy text:

Brian and me connects the sometimes joint work but mustly me just sponsoring a series of packages  http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=brian-thomason%40ubuntu.com
over the last year. Brian has a long history with .deb based distros, starting with the famous Lindows - Brian, correct me if there was an earlier one. We met because of my interest in cloud computing and an early effort of mine to bring Ubuntu's cloud packages of Eucalyptus to Debian. Brian is a developer at Eucalyptus and was allowed to take this up and update it for a reentry to the distribution. We have it fully functional (long) and lintian clean (not long enough for Wheezy as it seems) in unstable.

I met Brian in person for about a week in January. We get along very well. Very much grounded and honest, it will be very good to have him with us.  Technically I saw him taming those Java libraries, which he knows better than me, and I also liked how he presented his technologies in a public presentation. Since most of his working life from what I grasped he has spent with Debian-based distros, to have him as a DD seems just natural.

Steffen Möller (via nm.debian.org)