AM report for Tobias Hansen

I recommend to accept Tobias Hansen as a Debian Developer.

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Tobias
   Middle name:     -
   Last name:       Hansen
   Key fingerprint: A07E3AA25DCCDAEDA6628D248C82169D8ECECD2A
   Account:         thansen

2. Background
-------------

   I am 24 year old student in the final stages of getting my M.Sc. in
   Mathematical Physics.

   I switched from Windows to Ubuntu in 2007, both because I liked the idea
   of free software and because it was nicer to use than Windows Vista. My
   belief that the freedom of software is important only became stronger
   since then.

   The german community ubuntuusers.de was a great help in getting started
   with Linux, so I wanted to give something back and joined their Wiki
   team for about a year in 2009. In 2010 and 2011 I ported the SLUDGE
   adventure game engine to Linux and its development tools to GTK+ to make
   an adventure game engine available to Linux users. I wanted it packaged
   and thought that the only sensible thing to do was to switch to Debian
   and package it for Debian.

   Since then I was mainly interested in improving Debian as a gaming and
   game development platform to make it more attractive for young people. I
   packaged (or helped with packaging) the libraries Allegro 4 and 5 and
   Alure, the adventure game engines SLUDGE and AGS, the sophisticated
   Nintendo emulator bsnes and the sprite/pixel art editor ASEPRITE. They
   are not all in Debian yet and this is one of the reasons why I want to
   become a Debian Developer: I didn't find sponsors for Allegro 5 and
   ASEPRITE in the months before the freeze. And even without that,
   searching for sponsors all the time gets to be a nuisance.

   I don't know yet if I will stay focused mainly on work in the Debian
   Games Team or also range into other areas. Recently I also got around to
   fix a few RC bugs here and there. In any case I want to continue
   maintaining my packages and help out where work is needed, to make sure
   that Debian keeps going strong.

C++ GNU/Linux userspace developer, Debian Developer