AM report for Sébastien Villemot

I recommend to accept Sébastien Villemot as a Debian Developer.

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Sébastien
   Middle name:     -
   Last name:       Villemot
   Key fingerprint: 20691DFCC2C98C47952984EE00018C22381A7594
   Account:         sebastien

2. Background
-------------

   I am 32 and I live in Paris, France.

   I have always loved playing with computers, starting in the mid-1980s
   with an Apple IIc offered by my father. I installed my first GNU/Linux
   system (a Slackware) in the mid-1990s. I instantly became fascinated by
   that OS both for technical and political reasons. Techically, a free
   system is the ideal playground for a hacker since everything can
   potentially be modified.  Politically, I have always considered that
   freedom, cooperation and people empowerement are fundamental values, and
   GNU/Linux is the concrete manifestation of these values in the world of
   software.

   I discovered Debian in the beginning of the 2000s and since have never
   stopped using it on my personal and professional machines.

   Nowadays I am a researcher in computational economics. A significant
   part of my work is dedicated to the development of Dynare
   (http://www.dynare.org), a free software for running macro-economic
   models. You can learn more about Dynare and the use of Debian in
   computational economics by looking at the (short) presentation that I
   made recently at the “Debian for Scientific Facilities Days”:

    http://www.esrf.eu/events/conferences/debian-for-scientific-facilities-days-1

   Packaging Dynare was my first significant contribution to Debian. Since
   Dynare runs on top of GNU Octave, I gradually became involved in the
   Debian Octave Group, and I am now a co-maintainer of Octave and its
   add-ons. More recently, I became co-maintainer of the linear algebra
   libraries (blas, lapack, atlas, openblas) on which Octave itself
   depends. Also, I am co-maintainer of GnuCash since September 2011.

   As you can see, I am mainly interested in the use of Debian in a
   scientific context, and especially in computational economics. I would
   like to foster the use of free software and Debian among economists. In
   particular, I already created a ready-to-use VM targeted at this
   specific range of users (see
   http://www.dynare.org/DynareWiki/DebianForEconomists). The next step
   would be to create a new debian-science meta-package for economics. In a
   similar vein, I would also like to bring the PelicanHPC project
   (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PelicanHPC) closer to Debian; I am in
   touch with its author, Michael Creel, who is also a computational
   economist and has expressed interest in this idea.

   Another unrelated project is to contribute to the Debian Common Lisp
   Team. I am currently learning Common Lisp and the more I learn it, the
   more I enjoy it.

   And of course, I plan to continue maintaining the packages of which I am
   already a co-maintainer. As such, it already represents a quite
   significant amount of work!

C++ GNU/Linux userspace developer, Debian Developer