Re: DM application of Vincent Cheng

On 13/06/12 02:23, Vincent Cheng wrote:
> Hi,

> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
> Currently, I maintain 11 packages (e.g. conky, dbus-c++, exaile, gnote,
> mangler, etc.) and I co‐maintain 15 other packages, mostly in the Debian
> Games team (e.g. 0ad, ardentryst, irrlicht, nethack, pygame, supertux,
> etc.).
> My GnuPG key AA1F32FF is signed by the Debian Developer Shaun Jackman
> <sjackman>.
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your attention.
>
> Kind regards,
> Vincent Cheng

Hello.

I've mainly worked with Vincent in relation to his work on conky's
software, but I think, as for what I can see in some others packages he
maintains (and co-) that he tends to follow in the same fashion.

Judging for the work I've done with him, I consider he is a person that
keeps up with Debian Policy changes very nice and seriously, which
implies he is well tuned on reading and getting updated.
He's very serious with his work and he has a good understanding of the
Debian ecosystem. He's quite an open-minded person in what refers to
being open to comments and nicely receiving suggestions, I really enjoy
a lot working with him.

I do recommend him as DM.

Cheers,

:D: