Re: Help with nm.debian.org icons

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 04:23:43PM +0100, Eshat Cakar wrote:

> I've created some simple monochrom icons available at [1].
> Can you tell me if these are usable before I continue work?
> They are 16x16, and I'd like to know if I can add icons with size
> 16x32, so that this can include an icon for the application manger,
> Front Desk or DAM, plus an icon for the according status on the right of
> it.

Hello Eshat,

thank you for your work! The style of your icons looks similar to those
at http://thenounproject.com/ that Valessio suggested at [1], so you
might want to save time taking things from there instead of redrawing
them from scratch. Style-wise, my comments are similar to those in my
mail to Valessio; I'll try to provide a test page this afternoon.

In terms of the format, yes, you can definitely get them wider. I was
even wondering if they could have a "progressbar" aspect ratio instead
of an "icon" aspect ratio: after all, they are representing a progress.

With a progressbar as a background to show relative progress, and icons
in the foreground to show the meaning of the current state, they should
convey quite a bit of information, and with a larger canvas it should be
easier to convey the complex meanings.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2012/03/msg00017.html

Ciao,

Enrico