Re: Advocating Stuart Prescott <stuart+debian@nanonanonano.net>

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 12:46:52 +0000, NM Front Desk <recommend@nm.debian.org> wrote:
> Auth-Key: nmauth03788c5ea4593452619ad8f8af71fcd7
> Applicant: Stuart Prescott <stuart+debian@nanonanonano.net>
>
> Why do you advocate this person? (please provide a 5-10 line summary).

I'm thrilled to advocate Stuart for membership in debian.  It means that
the years of my bugging him to apply for NM can finally stop.  I came to
know Stuart from years of him providing great support for the #debian
channels on freenode and oftc, where he has been acting as operator for
a few years.  In his work there he has proven to be proficient in
technical matters, in matters of debian policy, and in social skills.

I've collaberated with Stuart on the writing of the software running the
"judd" bot found in #debian, which he continues to maintain.  I've
received patches from him for packages I was maintaining in debian, and
I've been sponsoring many of his uploads for packages he maintains in
debian.  In all these interactions, I've found Stuart to have technical
proficiency, good attention to detail, and to have been a pleasure in
general to work with.

I also advocated for his current status as a Debian Maintainer, and I
have no regrets about this.

stew