Re: Advocating Praveen Arimbrathodiyil <pravi.a@gmail.com>

Quoting NM Front Desk (recommend@nm.debian.org):
> Auth-Key: nmauth6627d4da3b8fcc583876866962d73b2d
> Applicant: Praveen Arimbrathodiyil <pravi.a@gmail.com>
>
> Why do you advocate this person? (please provide a 5-10 line summary).

I advocate Praveen because I witnessed his work in Debian for a few
years now. I mostly interacted with him while he was working on
translations in Malayalam (the language of the state of Kerala, in
India). I consider him as a very reliable person, a great advocate of
Debian and a contributor that would greatly benefit Debian,
particularly in his country.

> You are encouraged to take questions such as the following into account
> but you're not limited to answering these:
>  - How have they contributed to Debian already?

Praveen is the lead of the localization effort for Malayalam in
Debian. He coordinated the work on Debian Installer and keeps up with
it along the releases.

He also involved homself in India mini-Debconfs, helping to organize
them, as well as proposing activities (for instance, in last
mini-Debconf, in Mangalore, he prepared a full tutorial about Debian packaging).

>  - What do they intend to do for Debian in the future?

I think Praveen wants to keep up with Malayalam localization, but also
work on packaging in the pkg-ruby team.

>  - How do they interact with others, such as users and other developers?

His interaction with fellow contributors and developers is great. He
is also, as mentioned a great advicate for Debian and has good
abilities to explain and teach others about Debian basics (both
philosophy and procedures as well as technical stuff).