Re: DM application of Vincent Hobeïka

On Fri, Feb 03, 2012 at 07:12:14PM +0100, Vincent Hobeïka wrote:
>Dear Debian lovers,
>
>This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer
><URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.  I have read the Social
>Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and Debian Machine Usage
>Policy and agree with all of them.
>
>Currently, I have started helping triaging bugs in fop by contacting
>upstream mailing lists and reported few bugs here and there
>(virt-manager, serna-free).  I have reopened an old ITP for vera++
>which I am actively working at [1].

It seems to me that you don't have packages in the Debian archive
uploded in your name by a sponsor.

We are interested in your Debian packaging skills and the way to know
about it is by looking at your packages in the Debian archive. The
advocacy of the sponsor of those packages is highly taken into account.

I would like to suggest you to go through a round of sponsored uploads.
Your sponsor will decide when you could upload your packages on your
own.

>I work every day with debian as a C++ developer and I make a strong
>usage of tools like fop, docbook, emacs, KWStyle, cmake. Hopefully I
>may be able to use vera++ soon too. I may help maintaining packages
>gravitating around the tools I use.
>
>My 4096 bits long GnuPG key 0x2965A78F is signed by the future Debian
>Developer Mathieu Malaterre (see AM report [2]).  I will try to meet
>the other DDs around my location (Lyon, France) and hopefully obtain
>more signatures (and discover great human beings!).

Please try to get more signatures from DDs. Mathieu's signature will
count after he becames a DD.