Re: Question about gpg key.

On 01/11/2012 03:02 AM, Boris Pek wrote:
> Should I sign my new key by old one or make any other action?

Assuming your two keys have the same User IDs on them:

Signing the new key with the old one is a way of making a strong
cryptographic assertion that the holder of the old key believes that the
new key is legitimate.

If that's the case, i don't see why you wouldn't want to make such an
assertion.

> Or can I just use new key as it is?

You can of course use it as it is; but making the assertion mentioned
above (and writing and publishing a transition statement signed by both
keys, e.g. http://fifthhorseman.net/key-transition-2007-06-15.txt) will
help to convince some of the folks who signed your old key to sign the
new one.

Regards,

	--dkg