Re: negative vote for maintainer Michael Gilbert

Hi Emil,

On Wed, January 4, 2012 14:54, Emil wrote:
> I would like to know how can you give a negative vote for a maintainer
> who neglects serious bugs in the packages he's supposed to look after.
>
> Michael Gilbert <michael.s.gilbert@gmail.com> ignores a serious bug
> #641873 in package xpdf for the last 3 months.

I am Mike's application manager so I've taken note of your opinion on his
performance.

Mike has already been advocated by a DD, I am in the process of assessing
his suitability to be a DD and will put my final recommendation in a
report to the DAM as is customary in the NM procedure. There's no counting
of 'votes' in this procedure and most definitely not of counting votes
from non-DD's such as yourself.

Of course I've taken a look at the specific bug and see no immediate cause
for alarm. I see that Mike is the one who has taken the responsibility to
mark it release critical in the first place. Next to that he's posted his
view and marked it as 'help needed'. And finally, in this stage of the
release cycle an RC bug being open for 4 months is not the end of the
world if the bug is a particularly difficult nut to crack.

In the end the most constructive way to get the bug resolved is to look
into it yourself and provide a resolution, e.g. a patch.

Regards,
Thijs