AM report for Arno Töll

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Arno
   Last name:       Töll
   Key fingerprint: 3BE9 A671 48F3 48F2 3E1E  2076 C72B 51EE 9D80 F36D
   Account:         arno (account currently exists for his porting activities)
   Forward email:   debian@toell.net

   ID check passed, key signed by 7 existing developers:

   Output from keycheck.sh:

gpg: requesting key 9D80F36D from hkp server keys.gnupg.net
pub   4096R/9D80F36D 2011-04-29
      Key fingerprint = 3BE9 A671 48F3 48F2 3E1E  2076 C72B 51EE 9D80 F36D
uid                  Arno Töll <arno@toell.net>
sig!         6BE3C423 2011-07-11  Paul Wise <pabs3@bonedaddy.net>
sig!3        BD8B050D 2011-05-15  Roland Rosenfeld <roland@spinnaker.de>
sig!3        153FF940 2011-05-08  Joachim Reichel <joachim.reichel@gmx.de>
sig!3        73647CFF 2011-05-10  Nico Golde <nion@debian.org>
sig!         D985000D 2011-05-19  Bastian Venthur <bastian.venthur@tu-berlin.de>
sig!         6D866396 2011-05-12  Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@upsilon.cc>
sig!3        1231C465 2011-05-12  Jan Hauke Rahm <jhr@jhr-online.de>
sig!3        9D80F36D 2011-04-29  Arno Töll <arno@toell.net>
uid                  Arno Töll <at@wavecon.de>
uid                  Arno Töll <debian@toell.net>
sig!         6BE3C423 2011-07-11  Paul Wise <pabs3@bonedaddy.net>
sig!3        BD8B050D 2011-05-15  Roland Rosenfeld <roland@spinnaker.de>
sig!3        153FF940 2011-05-08  Joachim Reichel <joachim.reichel@gmx.de>
sig!3        73647CFF 2011-05-10  Nico Golde <nion@debian.org>
sig!         D985000D 2011-05-19  Bastian Venthur <bastian.venthur@tu-berlin.de>
sig!         6D866396 2011-05-12  Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@upsilon.cc>
sig!3        1231C465 2011-05-12  Jan Hauke Rahm <jhr@jhr-online.de>
sig!3        9D80F36D 2011-04-29  Arno Töll <arno@toell.net>
sub   4096R/76FA1AE3 2011-04-29
sig!         9D80F36D 2011-04-29  Arno Töll <arno@toell.net>

Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.
Key has 4096 bits.
Valid "e" flag, no expiration.
Valid "s" flag, no expiration.

2. Background
-------------
   Applicant writes:

   I am a 26 year old computer science student. Originally I was born in
   Italy, but I am living in Berlin, Germany now. My major is pretty much
   also my primary area of interest: communication based systems. I am very
   interested in computer networks, interconnecting computers and the
   entire software stack in between. In particular, I find the technical
   aspects of the Internet, e.g. routing protocols, application layer
   services and system engineering of very busy web sites very interesting.

   This is why I also enjoy my work as system administrator where my daily
   business is to maintain (mostly) Debian based servers which run a wide
   variety of web application services. My job was not my first contact
   with Linux in general and Debian in particular though.

   I started using Linux as soon as I was annoyed from Windows, as I felt
   somehow limited by the possibilities it offered me. This might have been
   around early 1999, rather soon after I went online for the first time. I
   can't remember how exactly I came to Linux, but I guess I was fascinated
   from the new world which was disclosed to me back then, and apparently
   major parts of that world were running Linux. Also I was thrilled by the
   possibilities Linux offered to me and I eventually started to enjoy my
   new (software) freedom.

   Hence I started using Linux regularly, although my first experiences
   haven't been very positive. My hardware worked poorly on Linux and both,
   Red Hat and Suse - which were my first distributions - drove me crazy
   with their RPM package formats which couldn't resolve dependencies back
   then or kept touching configuration files I modified. Hence I upgraded
   soon to Mandrake (and thus urpmi) which I used for a few years back
   then. I think, that time I also got interested first in the spirit and
   ideological background of free software. After a while again - soon
   before the Woody release - I switched to Debian. Again I can't remember
   the exact reason, but I never regretted the switch as I discovered apt.
   Since then I am continuously using Debian and I never felt like
   switching back to a RPM based distribution (and I left Gentoo beyond me,
   after I spent 90% of the two weeks or so I was running it by compiling).
   I upgraded to Debian Sid in 2004 though, as Sarge seemed to take
   forever. I am running Sid until today on my desktops.

   As you can read, I am using Debian since a while, but I never started
   actively contributing to it. I was busy with other community projects
   (outside of FOSS) for a while and (real-) life caught me as well. Now,
   this year things changed again and I started to explore new
   opportunities. By reading that, you can see, where I finally ended up.
   In Debian I am mostly interested in network related services, hence I
   maintain, among other packages, Apache Trafficserver a high performance
   reverse web proxy and the Lighttpd web server for example. Besides I
   enjoy packaging in general and somehow I ended up in helping development
   of Debexpo - the platform running mentors.debian.net. Possibly, because
   I complained too much about sponsoring culture in Debian in the past. :)

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Arno has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. He committed to uphold the SC and DFSG
   in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

   packages are uploaded by himself using his DM access to the archive).

   All packages are in good shape.
   He also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems
   and provided patches for RC bugs.

   Beside that he is doing a pretty amazing job working with debexpo, and
   helping people on #debian-mentors

   I recommend to accept Arno as a Debian Developer, he is already a great asset
   for the project.

Cheers

--
René