AM report for guoliang

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Liang
   Last name:       Guo
   Key fingerprint: 2B7F 82AF 50DA DDE1 6B6F  486D 82B5 B408 68C0 97BC
   Account:         guoliang
   Forward email:   bluestonechina@gmail.com

   ID check passed, key signed by 3 existing developers:

   Output from keycheck.sh:
> pub   4096R/68C097BC 2009-09-12
>       Key fingerprint = 2B7F 82AF 50DA DDE1 6B6F  486D 82B5 B408 68C0 97BC
> uid                  Liang Guo <bluestonechina@gmail.com>
> sig!         98EF9A49 2010-10-11  Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>
> sig!         6D67F790 2010-11-25  Anthony Fok <foka@debian.org>
> sig!3        6087D2F8 2009-10-17  LI Daobing <lidaobing@gmail.com>
> sig!3        68C097BC 2009-09-12  Liang Guo <bluestonechina@gmail.com>
> uid                  Liang Guo (blue_stone) <blue_stone@xinhuanet.com>
> sig!         98EF9A49 2010-10-11  Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>
> sig!         6D67F790 2010-11-25  Anthony Fok <foka@debian.org>
> sig!3        6087D2F8 2009-10-17  LI Daobing <lidaobing@gmail.com>
> sig!3        68C097BC 2009-09-12  Liang Guo <bluestonechina@gmail.com>
> sub   4096R/DE56FBBD 2009-09-12
> sig!         68C097BC 2009-09-12  Liang Guo <bluestonechina@gmail.com>
>
> Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.
> Key has 4096 bits.
> Valid "e" flag, no expiration.
> Valid "s" flag, no expiration.

2. Background
-------------
   Applicant writes:
> I'm a Oracle database engineer/administrator in a local system integration
> company.
>
> I started my free software trip in about 1998, I got a redhat 5 disc from
> my old brother. When the login screen appeared, I was very very glad. I
> spent many time to configure/reinstall linux and install software in my
> Linux box since then. Before met Debian, I had used Redhat, TruboLinux,
> XteamLinux, RedFlag Linux, Mandrake Linux(renamed to Mandrive now), and
> other Linux distributions.
>
> I found Debian in 2002, when I was a collage student, so I download Debian
> 2.2 potato and install it to my copmuter. It is so easy to install software
> in Debian, that I can just pay attention on what I want to use, I don't
> mind package dependence any more. Debian package repository is so large
> that almost all software I need can be found in Debian. I start using
> Debian as my primary OS since then.
>
> I use virtualization solution to simulate other environment, I first use
> vmware, then switched to kvm when kvm are available. I love virtualization,
> it help us exceed the hardware limitation. When spice[1] appears in 2008,
> I have very strong willing to package it for Debian, so that I can install
> and use spice like other software in Debian. And now, 2 yeas passed, spice
> and most related packages are in Debian.
>
> [1] http://www.spice-space.org/
>
> In the way of push spice to debian, I learned how to packaging, how to
> interactive with the community, and I also packaged some other interesting
> packages, such as sunpinyin, for Debian.
>
> My interest includes virtualization, storage related softwares and Chinese
> related software, I hope debian can be the first class virtualization
> platform, and virtualization guest. I'm interesting on UDD too, it is
> a database, and I'm a database engineer.
>
> I have a blog http://bluestone.cublog.cn, I write some essay about Linux,
> oracle and other interesting things in Chinese there. Some generic
> information can be found at my LinkedIn page[2]
>
> [2] http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=66233674&trk=tab_pro

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Liang has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. Liang committed to uphold the SC and
   DFSG in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Liang has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   Liang is maintainer of fcoe-utils, herculesstudio, ibus-sunpinyin,
   libhbaapi, libhbalinux, lldpad, open-gram, scim-sunpinyin, spice,
   spice-gtk, spice-protocol, spice-vdagent, sunpinyin,
   xserver-xorg-video-qxl, xsunpinyin.

   All packages are in good shape.
   Liang also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems
   and provided patches for RC bugs.

   I recommend to accept Liang as a Debian Developer.

--
Luke Faraone;; Debian & Ubuntu Developer; Sugar Labs, Systems
lfaraone on irc.[freenode,oftc].net -- http://luke.faraone.cc