Re: Advocating Roland Dreier <roland@digitalvampire.org>

On Mon, Nov 07, 2011 at 09:04:30PM +0000, NM Front Desk wrote:
> Auth-Key: nmauthf12306d0b3c991cafb07eb88e04e9083
> Applicant: Roland Dreier <roland@digitalvampire.org>
>
> Why do you advocate this person? (please provide a 5-10 line summary).

I would like to advocate Roland Dreier.

Roland is the upstream author of the InfiniBand userspace packages that
he maintains (since early 2006) in the Debian archive [0] as part of the
OpenIB Alliance.

[0] http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=roland@digitalvampire.org

He's also one of the maintainers the Linux kernel's InfiniBand midlayer.
His git repo is at [1].

[1] http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/roland/infiniband.git;a=summary

He has been a Debian Maintainer for a long time.

I've uploaded all his packages (except those that he uploads as a DM)
and have found only a very small number of issues with them which he
fixed very quickly. His packages are always of high quality.

His social skills (as his technical skills) are of a very high level.