Advocating Vasudev Kamath

I would hereby like to advocate Vasudev Kamath in his request to enter
the Debian New Member Process.

I have witnessed Vasudev's work in the debian-in-workers team
(maintainers for packages related to Indic script languages). He is
currently one of the two topmost active developers in the team and is
doing great and careful job in doing changes to the ttf-indic-fonts
source package, the package that provides the most widely used fonts
to handle languages of India.

I have particularly been impressed by Vasudev's care to check around
the status of the fonts involved in this package, their licenses (font
licenses are often tricky and upstreams are sometimes very jerky when
it comes at licensing), and their maintenance status.

Vasudev is always opened for learning more about processes and
techniques and he always takes advices when he's not sure of
something, which is, imho, one of the best qualities for Debian
Members.

Vasudev also very successfully managed the team that organised the
last miniDebConf in India, which I participated to. The organisation
was brilliant and very efficient, which clearly denotes good social
skills (after leeting him in person, I can confirm those social
skills).

I think that Vasudev could quickly become one of Debian key actors in
India and I wholeheartedly recommend him for the next steps of the
Debian New Member process.