Re: Advocating Michael Gilbert <michael.s.gilbert@gmail.com>

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 08:05:53AM +0000, NM Front Desk wrote:
> Auth-Key: nmauth12b4948a97be8e1c7d12ee73aec755d2
> Applicant: Michael Gilbert <michael.s.gilbert@gmail.com>
>
> Why do you advocate this person? (please provide a 5-10 line summary).

Michael has been contributing to Debian security work since nearly
three years:
- By triaging new incoming issues and updating the Debian Security
  Tracker
- Preparing fixes / submitting patches
- Improving the security tracker code base

He also adopted a few packages and did - as far has I good judge it
from outside - good work on them, e.g. by patching xpdf to link
against poppler and maintaining it since then.

Having full upload rights will allow him to become more efficient and
having met him at DebConf New York only reaffirmed my impression that
he will be a valuable addition to Debian.

Cheers,
        Moritz