Re: Advocating Olivier Berger <oberger@ouvaton.org>

NM Front Desk, 2011-02-07 15:00:44 +0000 :

> Auth-Key: nmautha29743a875539074936f535d7c8c6965
> Applicant: Olivier Berger <oberger@ouvaton.org>
>
> Why do you advocate this person? (please provide a 5-10 line summary).

Olivier has bravely stepped up to become a full DD after some time spent
maintaining packages as a DM, and I'm happy to support this process.
He's been involved in packaging PHP-related applications, starting with
phpGroupware in the past (which was a dependency of his Picoforge
software forge); he's now increasingly involved in various development
efforts based around FusionForge (including various pluggable
authentication systems, and also unit/functional testing), which will
require packaging many PHP modules and libraries.  I'm happy to sponsor
his packages, but even happier if we could remove this particular
bottleneck.  One other thing I'm happy to note is that Olivier's never
short of ideas for stuff to do, but I have so far never seen him go the
easy, quick-and-dirty way.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Such compressed poems / With seventeen syllables / Can't have much meaning...
  -- in Gödel, Escher, Bach: an Eternal Golden Braid (Douglas Hofstadter)