Re: on the "M" of "NM" - summary

On 10/08/2011 05:04 PM, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> I cannot
> speak for them but I believe they find the act of *changing* the meaning
> of the acronym confusing rather then the new meaning per se. That
> confusion can be mitigated by simply not making a big fuss about the
> change; it can just be an incremental improvement that only new
> applicants will face.
So not only people will be confused by NM vs NM, but now,
you're saying that not communicating about this confusing
change will improve (in your words, "mitigate") the situation?!?

First, I don't think this was in the thread (or, I missed it).

Second, it seems reverse thinking to me, I don't get your logic.
I would have thought that communicating a lot, and telling
everyone about the new definition would have helped people to
not get confused and use the new words behind the acronym.