Re: Advocating olivier sallou <olivier.sallou@irisa.fr>

On 10/06/2011 03:39 PM, NM Front Desk wrote:
> Auth-Key: nmauth9e0bcf45eb7cc91bf3741b157c266e40
> Applicant: olivier sallou <olivier.sallou@irisa.fr>
>
> Why do you advocate this person?
Olivier is in the luxurous position to be paid for working
with Debian(-based) Linux the whole day long. And, good
for us, as a DM he is  continuously investing not only
his days but also his nights on improving Debian. He
prepares new packages to help answering current questions
in biological research. And he improves existing ones.
Thanks to the svn commits I steadily receive, I can see
him working continously towards perfection on many
of the current packages, not all of which yet available
in our distribution. This is good and shall continue. With
him a DD, he can also use experimental in a better way
to help the communication with the rest of Debian Med.

His interaction with others (users, upstream and other
developers alike) is flawless and very enjoyable.
Located in a more remote area of France, it will be good to
have im represent our distribution as a full member of
our society.

Cheers,

Steffen