AM report for Nicholas Breen

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Nicholas
   Last name:       Breen
   Key fingerprint: 843E 5FA6 1E60 6338 9876  D2E5 EE4A FD69 EC65 108F
   Account:         nbreen
   Forward email:   nbreen-debian@ofb.net

   ID check passed, key signed by 1 existing developer.

   Output from keycheck.sh:
   gpg: requesting key EC65108F from hkp server keys.gnupg.net
   pub   4096R/EC65108F 2009-10-05
         Key fingerprint = 843E 5FA6 1E60 6338 9876  D2E5 EE4A FD69 EC65 108F
   uid                  Nicholas Breen <nbreen@ofb.net>
   sig!         2EAE5D2D 2010-01-27  Marc Singer <elf@debian.org>
   sig!3        EC65108F 2009-10-05  Nicholas Breen <nbreen@ofb.net>
   sub   4096R/A1336B97 2009-10-05
   sig!         EC65108F 2009-10-05  Nicholas Breen <nbreen@ofb.net>

   Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.
   Key has 4096 bits.
   Valid "e" flag, no expiration.
   Valid "s" flag, no expiration.

2. Background
-------------
   Applicant writes:

I first toyed with Linux back in the slow days of Slackware on floppies
(1994-ish), eventually switching to *nix systems in general for most of
my work from 1997 onward.  After going through Red Hat and IRIX phases,
I settled on Debian as my primary OS in 2000 at the potato release.
I've been using it in a variety of roles since -- personal desktop,
computing clusters, teaching systems, mid-sized multiuser servers -- in
no small part because it's proven flexible enough to fill each role.

My background is in research chemistry, and so I'm particularly
interested in scientific applications.  OSS scientific software
continues to grow rapidly, but with so much of it being highly
specialized -- and correspondingly, often forbidding to the
non-special*ist* -- packaging tends to fall behind, and it's often tough
for a user that might be interested to discover a given application
exists at all.  I'd like to keep working with the debichem and
debian-science teams to continue the packaging and maintenance efforts.

3. Philosophy and Procedures
   Nicholas has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. He committed to uphold the SC and DFSG
   in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.