Re: DM application of Steve Conklin

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 05:02:34PM -0500, Steve Conklin wrote:

> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer

> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.

> Currently, I am the primary maintainer for the packages d-rats, qrq, and
> xnec2c.

> I am a kernel developer active in the Ubuntu project and have upload
> rights for the Ubuntu kernel.
> I am currently the stable kernel manager for Ubuntu.

> My GnuPG key 3A758A1E is signed by the following Debian Developers:

> Kamal Mostafa
> Steve Langasek
> Colin Watson
> Martin Pitt

> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your
> attention.

I wholeheartedly endorse Steve's application to be a Debian Maintainer.  I
am not personally familiar with his Debian packaging work, but I am familiar
with the work he has done in Ubuntu and I find him to be a conscientious,
thoughtful and capable contributor with a good understanding of Debian
packaging policies.

Also, Debian needs more Bdales.