AM report for Timo Lindfors <timo.lindfors@iki.fi>

1. Identification & Account Data
- --------------------------------
   First name:      Timo
   Last name:       Lindfors
   Key fingerprint: 9A5C 6B09 3768 5F8E 1187  8BD8 4D24 9D9B 23E6 FC3A
   Account:         lindi
   Forward email:   timo.lindfors@iki.fi

   ID check passed, key signed by 17 existing developers:

   Output from keycheck.sh:
    pub   4096R/23E6FC3A 2009-07-12
          Key fingerprint = 9A5C 6B09 3768 5F8E 1187  8BD8 4D24 9D9B 23E6 FC3A
    uid                  Timo Juhani Lindfors <timo.lindfors@iki.fi>
    sig!         36EE0861 2009-07-31  Miriam Ruiz <little.miry@gmail.com>
    sig!         1EEF5276 2009-08-03  Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer@samba.org>
    sig!         8807529B 2009-08-08  Guido Trotter <ultrotter@quaqua.net>
    sig!         4743206C 2009-07-31  Joachim Breitner <mail@joachim-breitner.de>
    sig!3        C1F24EA4 2009-08-03  Stefan Fritsch <sf@sfritsch.de>
    sig!         DD079461 2009-08-03  Gerfried Fuchs <rhonda@debian.org>
    sig!         DD079461 2009-08-05  Gerfried Fuchs <rhonda@debian.org>
    sig!         2AAAB140 2009-07-29  Hideki Yamane (Debian-JP)
<henrich@debian.or.jp>
    sig!         4D6E25A8 2009-07-31  Christian Perrier <bubulle@kheops.frmug.org>
    sig!         A74420EF 2009-08-01  Christoph Goehre <christoph.goehre@gmx.de>
    sig!         9F84F4DE 2009-08-02  Iustin Pop <iusty@k1024.org>
    sig!         4D6E25A8 2009-08-04  Christian Perrier <bubulle@kheops.frmug.org>
    sig!         0B86B067 2009-08-13  Joost E. van Baal (Nederland, 1970)
    sig!         F2AC729A 2009-08-01  Raphaël Hertzog <raphael@ouaza.com>
    sig!         4D6E25A8 2009-08-05  Christian Perrier <bubulle@kheops.frmug.org>
    sig!         8649AA06 2009-08-07  gregor herrmann
<gregor.herrmann@comodo.priv.at>
    sig!         947897D8 2009-12-06  Anibal Monsalve Salazar <anibal@debian.org>
    sig!         D49AE731 2009-08-01  Christoph Egger <christoph.egger@gmx.de>
    sig!         9F84F4DE 2009-08-02  Iustin Pop <iusty@k1024.org>
    sig!         A74420EF 2009-08-04  Christoph Goehre <christoph.goehre@gmx.de>
    sig!         42B7511D 2009-08-17  Michal Čihař <michal@cihar.com>
    sig!         E397832F 2010-10-06  Luca Capello <luca@pca.it>
    sig!3        23E6FC3A 2009-07-12  Timo Juhani Lindfors <timo.lindfors@iki.fi>
    sig!3        23E6FC3A 2009-07-12  Timo Juhani Lindfors <timo.lindfors@iki.fi>
    sig!2   PN   206C3B69 2009-08-22  Daniel Silverstone
<dsilvers@digital-scurf.org>
    sub   4096R/0EFA4404 2009-07-12
    sig!         23E6FC3A 2009-07-12  Timo Juhani Lindfors <timo.lindfors@iki.fi>
        Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.
    Key has 4096 bits.
    Valid "e" flag, no expiration.
    Valid "s" flag, no expiration.

2. Background
- -------------
   Applicant writes:

        I'm 27 years old and live in Helsinki, Finland. I'm currently studying
        computer science at Aalto University and working as a part-time admin
        and software developer at the MetsähoviRadio Observatory. I'm a member
        of the FSFE and Helsinki Hacklab.

        I switched to GNU/Linux on my personal computers in the year 2000. I
        don't quite remember all the details but I became interested in free
        software mostly since I wanted to study how things work and to control
        what runs on my computer. I had been using Windows 3.1 for almost seven
        years and wanted to learn something new. I'm really thankful that I got
        help from others and managed to migrate quite painlessly. I spent the
        first few years exploring the system often by running tools like strace
        and tcpdump even when there were no problems :-) I also started
        participating in a Finnish Debian IRC channel to help others and learn
        in the process. After some time I started writing bug reports and
        creating packages for my own personal use.

        The Debian project seemed quite distant to me since I didn't know any
        developers personally. I mostly missed Debconf5. However, thanks to the
        Free Thursday events originally organized by Lars Wirzenius I met some
        Finnish developers. Around that time I also upgraded my Nokia
        Communicator 9110 to a shiny new Openmoko Freerunner and started helping
        in the pkg-fso project. During Debconf9 I met some pkg-fso people
        (Joachim Breitner, Enrico Zini, Luca Capello) and felt that I could do a
        lot more in Debian than just bug reporting.

3. Philosophy and Procedures
- -----------------------------
   Timo has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. He committed to uphold the SC and DFSG
   in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
   Timo has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   He is maintainer of 2 packages and does a lot of appreciated work
   in various teams.
   All packages are in good shape.
   He also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems.

5. Recommendation
   I recommend to accept Timo Lindfors as a Debian Developer.

- --